Saturday, June 18, 2011

And we're off!

I wish I could explain to everyone the feeling that comes over me when I'm getting ready for a good road trip. It's an anxious feeling, almost like the feeling you get when you're about to go on a first date. Every feeling I have will, no doubt, goes back to traveling during my childhood. It's all I knew until I started school. The last big memory I had of being with my dad in the truck was the trip I took with him and my cousin (who was driving with him at the time)to California. That was 22 years ago this very day...and it was Father's Day. I remember that it was father' day because I thought it was so cool that he wanted to spend Father's Day at....Disneyland. :-) He rented a blue, Ford Tempo and took me (and my cousin) to one of the happiest places on earth. Best. Dad. Ever.

Here I am, now 22 years to the day, driving up I-35, traveling with my children...and their daddy. We are going to Oklahoma City to stay the night and then in the morning we are going to go to The Oklahoma City Nantional Memorial and then we are going to take Rt 66 as far as we can before heading to Branson. Tomorrow is Father's Day, and while we aren't going to be at Disneyland, their daddy is taking them to their second favorite place to vacation, and I'm sure they'll think the same thing I did (and still do)22 years ago....Best. Dad. Ever.

Happy Father's Day (tomorrow) to my dad, my husband and all the other dads out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment