Sunday, June 19, 2011

We got our kicks...

On Route 66.

Eric and I had a great day today tooling down the old US Highway. The girls had a good time coming up with different variations of "Are we there yet?" If they asked us once, they asked us a thousand times if we were almost there. I kept playing a fictional conversation over and over in my mind. This is how it went...
girls: are we there yet?
Me: no
Girls: are we there yet?
Me: nope
Girls: how bout now?
Me: yes!
Girls: really?
Me: no! (and then Eric and I laugh uncontrollably while rolling up a partition window between us and them so we can't hear their disappointed little voices ask us the same question for the umpteenth time)

Yes, I know we drive a mini-van and not a limo and yes I know I'm a horrible person for thinking such things, but I had to do something to cope.

I haven't loaded pics on the computer yet and I'm completely pooped, so I'm going to wait to blog about our stops til tomorrow. We did have a good time today though and I'm pretty sure the girls DID enjoy themselves, even if it was just a little.

Nitey nite from Branson!

No comments:

Post a Comment