Saturday, June 25, 2011

Time does fly when you're having fun...and dealing with whiney kids

Wow...as of tomorrow, our time here in Branson is over. I've lacked in blog posts, pretty much because every time I try to upload a pic, blogger teases me by letting my upload one and then disappoints me by not letting me load more. How am I supposed to torture everyone with pics of the Hansen Family Vacation if blogger won't let me load pics? (yes, I know roughly 500 could see them on facebook)Maybe I should have a 'slide watching party'. I'll find someone that still processes slides and drag out a slide projector and show the pics on a white sheet hanging up in my living room. (it would be much easier to just hook the computer up to the tv, but where's the fun in that, right?)

Despite the whiny kids (and they really weren't all THAT whiny) we've had a great time here. We always do. This place is beautiful! And, as busy as the strip is...I LOVE IT! I'm sure if I lived here, after a while I'd avoid it like the plague, but I'm content on our trips here to sit in traffic and just enjoy the mayhem.

We've shopped, eaten (in mostly), swam, relaxed. We've done less this trip than our previous trips. It's kinda nice though. We didn't feel like we had to have something on the books every day we were here. If we wanted go somewhere, we did. If we didn't, well, we didn't! Judging from my 'check ins' on Facebook, the only place we really felt like we had to be was Andy's Frozen Custard. We were there four times. Gee-oh-wiz! We're going to have to get back to eating good when we get home. It's difficult to do on vacation. We tried...but not too hard.

Tomorrow morning we'll get ready, pack up and head out. I'll be happy to get home to my own bed and to my puppy, but I'll be sad to leave. It's so pretty here and we've now had 3 (4 if you count the two days i was here last summer with mom and the girls) great family vacations here. Every time one of the girls would whine about something, I'd try to remind them that not every family is as blessed as we are to get to go to such great places. Not every mom and dad can take (or want to take) vacations with their kids like we can and to try and be thankful for the things that we did get to do and not upset about the things that we didn't. They were actually pretty receptive to that. (once or twice)

If Eric doesn't make me drive tomorrow, I'll have roughly 8 hours to try and figure out how to post more than one pic to the blog from this computer. :-) I'll let you know how that works out for me.

Nitey nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment