Saturday, November 17, 2012

We told them...

Well, the big surprise was this morning. Yeah...it was pretty anticlimactic. Well, according to my standards anyway. I expected to there to be tears of joy, numerous thank yous and hugs o'plenty. What I got was disbelief and a bit of 'lacklusterness'. What I wanted was Romeo & Juliet music and slow motion running to us thanking us from the bottom of their itty bitty hearts and what I got was a field full of crickets. I think I psyched myself out by watching too many of those videos on YouTube that showed sobbing and overreacting. This is also coming from a girl that imagined the birth of her first child to go kind of like the video from Mark Wills' "Loving Every Minute". (view it here -> ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAMrEBR0WrU  to have a good laugh at me. we all know how sydney's birth turned out) My expectations were just a tad bit high. Once it sunk in, they were very excited and bouncing off the walls. Sydney is fighting a wide range of emotions. The Snow White ride is no longer there and that is her very favorite. The devastation of this news was eclipsed by the revelation that we'd be eating at Tony's Restaurant (from lady and the tramp) at the end of the week. She was a mess for 30 seconds, but she got over it quickly. Now she just wants to get there as fast as she can. Graci, who woke up croupy this morning, wrote me and Eric two sweet little notes expressing her gratitude and told us later that she was bursting on the inside, but didn't want to get too excited because she didn't want to start coughing. Then there's Audrey, the perpetual baby. She did a lot of hollering, whining cause we weren't there yet and and well, just being Audrey. If you know her, I know you need no explanation. They are all very excited though and I can finally let out a sigh of relief. We pulled it off. Just because they didn't have a reaction that we (or I) wanted, doesn't mean they aren't grateful. It just means they aren't me and that's fine. :-)

When we get there, we're going to check in and either go straight to the Magic Kingdom or to Downtown Disney to look for princess dresses. We have meals with the princess twice during our visit, so we want them to be able to dress up.

Right now, we are about 2 1/2 hours away and the excitement is starting to build, especially with Audrey. She won't shut her sweet little mouth...but then again she never does.

Say a little prayer for us, if you don't mind. Three of us are coughing, one woke up croupy and the other is good...I'd love for him to stay that way.

More later from the happiest place on Earth!

1 comment:

  1. Awww.... this is wonderful! Praying for you all! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete