Friday, November 16, 2012

Shhhhhh...it's a secret...well, 'til tomorrow!

Well, we are officially on the road again!! And, now I can finally say where we are going...

There is excitement running through me like crazy. We're on a road trip, which I love AND we are nearing the climax of the biggest secret we've ever kept from our kids. People have asked me numerous times how it is that we've kept this trip a secret for almost a year and a half. We're those parents that irritated 90% of people by not finding out the sex of our babies before they were born...let's face it, this is a cake walk. In fact, it's becoming more and more fun. Sydney keeps saying, "Awwwww poor Snow White...She needs me!! I wanna go to Disney World!!" And Graci and Audrey, every time they turn around they're asking me when we can go back. Well, girls...hold on to your Mickey Ears...We are headed to Disney World!!! The most happiest (yes, I said most happiest) place on the planet!! As Eric says, "The grass is greener, The sky is clearer!"

We are going to tell them in the morning after we get ready for our second day on the road. Hopefully that second day will only be about 4 hours of driving. I know once they find out they'll ask us about every ten minutes if we're there yet. That'll be ok though. If they're a fraction as excited as I am, then they'll hardly be able to contain themselves.

After we check in tomorrow we will go straight to the Magic Kingdom! I can't wait to see Cinderella's Castle from the boat as we round the Contemporary Resort. I'll probably get all teary eyed. I expect to do that a lot on this trip. Seeing the castle for the first time, watching the Beauty and the Beast show at Hollywood Studios, seeing the girls with their favorite princesses, taking the girls to the potty for the 90th time. (hey, I didn't say it would all be good stuff that makes me teary eyed)  Our last trip I found myself choked up on more that one occasion. I'm a crier, we all know this, but when you add Disney Magic to the mix, I'm liable to cry a lot simply from sheer joy. We are so very blessed to be able to do this trip again and we get to share it with another family this time too! Last time we went with Elayna (one of my friends from college) and her family and this time Leigh Ann and her family are going with us!!

If you think about it, say a prayer for safe travels for us!! I'll keep you updated here and of course, on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment