Saturday, November 24, 2012

Going home...sad day

Well, we've had a successful week at Disney World. We rode practically everything that we could ride, ate almost everything we could eat, and walked further on a daily basis than any of us thought we could walk. We even made it the entire week with out a stroller for Audrey. I thought sure we'd have to get one for her a couple evenings ago when she said, "Mommy...I am so tired. My widdle wegs hurt." (we have trouble with the letter L) But, she was a trooper!

I've learned a few things this week about me and my kids. The first being that my kids aren't half as bad as I think they are. I had a good look around one day after a small breakdown (on my part) and discovered that my girls were acting tons better than the vast majority of the children that we saw. Sydney Ellen had her moments, but it was always when she was overstimulated. All in all, I have good children. Another thing...I knew Sydney was a home body, but she's more of one than I thought. She was actually more excited about going back to Texas this morning than she was about being at Disney World. Hang on Mamaw, you're going on our next trip...like it or not. We'll need someone to stay at the cabin when Sydney would rather watch movies than explore all the wonders that Disney has to offer. I also discovered that I have a child (mind you, I have all girls) that will actually cry when you don't buy her a Light Saber at the end of the Star Tours ride. It irritated me and made me proud all at the same time. Graci Lou has asked for a pirate sword, a light saber, and all of the Star Wars movies for Christmas.

We took and took pictures 'til Sydney was blue in the face. The girl HATES taking pictures unless Snow White is standing beside her or unless it's her idea. The two youngest girls are already ready to plan another trip. Sydney is planning on staying home with Mamaw (that's what she thinks anyway...like I said...mamaw is going to have to come with us) and letting the four of us go with out her. At times during the trip, I, too thought that would be a good idea. :-)

Here are just a couple pics. They'll all be on facebook. Oh...and one the girls and I took with our Ears on should be our christmas card...wonder if I can photoshop Eric in to it?!



No comments:

Post a Comment