Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Oh the places we have gone...

The road to this blog is paved with the best of intentions. I always intend on writing while we're on the road, but I always forget, am too tired, mean to teach a kid to do it, or forget. Mostly, I forget. We get so involved with what we're doing that I always say, "I'll get to it later.", and then...yep...I don't.

Our last post was May 20, 2015, and we've driven, flown, and sailed many miles since then! When combined, our mileage totals are close to 20,000; and since we specialize in road trips, especially those of the EPIC kind, more than half of these miles were on asphalt!! (or a variation of) Let's see. In the last two years we have traveled by car to Arizona, California, West Virginia, and more locally (to Texas, anyway) to San Antonio and Galveston. We've flown to Vegas and Boston, and we've also gone on our first cruise which took us to Key West, Nassau, and Disney's private island, Castaway Cay. Dag Nabbit! Now I want to start planning a trip!!

Oh to be a nomad, roaming from place to place. I'd love to be on the road, seeing everything this AMAZING country has to offer. Surely there's a job out there for me. One that would pay me to travel the country, letting my employer know that they should be happy that I'm having such an amazing time doing what I love. That's out there, right?? RIGHT??

One thing that is saving me this summer is that so many of my friends are taking amazing trips. If I can't be traveling, I LOVE IT WHEN MY FRIENDS ARE!! It makes me happy when people get their kids out to see new places and do new things! Right now I have friends in California, Florida, Mexico, all over! It's exciting to see their pictures and hear about all of the fantastic places they've traveled. It always inspires me to start planning the next (EPIC) Hansen family road trip!

Speaking of that...where SHOULD the Hansens on Asphalt travel to next? Let me know some of your favorite places to go!






No comments:

Post a Comment