Saturday, November 8, 2014

I love a good road trip...don't you?

Well, we are rolling east on I-20 on our way to Florida! Right now we're passing through the Kilgore/Longview area, and I must say, I could live out here in the trees. I'm pretty sure I say that everywhere I go in Texas, but I just love it out here. The treees are starting to change color and it's just beautiful.
We've been in the car a couple of hours now and I feel so relaxed. Some people loathe long road trips and I'd be perfectly happy on a perpetual road trip. There's something about seeing where you're going that I can't get enough of! There's not a lot better than content kids in the back of the car, good music on the radio, and a long stretch of road out in front of us! 
We are about 9 hours from our destination for the evening, and along the way Hansen has picked out a place called The Shed for us to eat at this evening. It's a BBQ joint in Vancleave, Mississippi, that he saw on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. I think it goes with out saying that he enjoys planning our trips around that show. If there's a DDD place within 20 miles of our route, and it looks appealing in the least bit, we're stopping at it. 
As an aside...I'm amazed at how quickly time passes. The older I get, the quicker it flies by. I feel like we just started planning this trip, but we started planning it February. Now the trip is here and it'll be over before we know it! I fully intend on being too tired at the end of every night, my feet to hurt like crazy, and to cram as much fun in to the next 8 days as we can! If you've never taken a Disney trip, you need to. Kids or no kids, young or old. It doesn't matter. It's the most magical place on earth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment