Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day One...

Well, today was our first day of homeschool!! Graci was up with the sun and I practically had to drag the other two out of bed. Sydney told me she thought school was boring and that she should be able to stay in her room and watch TV all day because she learned plenty doing that. Uh...negative.

Once everyone was up we got dressed, had breakfast, and waited for Daddy to come home and take pictures. Aside from, "Have you found a co-op yet?", the next most asked question has been, "So...ya gonna let them go to school in the PJ's?" Again...negative. The question did inspire some of our pictures from this morning though.

                                            Yes, yes this will go over nicely, don't you think?
                                 So cute. How could I not want them in their sloppy PJ's and robes?
Yeah...Never mind. We see that we have a faker here. We couldn't get her to shut her eyes to save her life. 

See!! Tricked ya! They even all had shoes on. Seriously? I didn't even have on shoes. Oh...lookie there. There's a flip flop, a small blanket and a skirt on the floor behind them that I asked a certain 8 year old to pick up yesterday. I'm totally shocked that it didn't get done. Totally. 

We actually had a really good first day. I was very pleased by how well they listened and how little trouble they gave me. I know it will be a challenge. I know there will be days when I want to pull their my hair out, but I can honestly say with out a doubt that we are doing the right thing. A gal that I know always says that it's a good homeschool day when the day has come and gone with no crying. Today was a no crying day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment